Opinion

Trends in the socks industry include sports, health and fashion! Organized players making inroads!
Sree Vijaykumar
Sree Vijaykumar
From the Editor's Desk

Trends in the socks industry include sports, health and fashion! Organized players making inroads!
With Indian consumers becoming increasingly aware about feet hygiene and comfort factors, the organised sector in the socks industry is increasingly eating into the unorganized sector's kitty. At present, the organised sector constitutes nearly 15 per cent of the socks business in India while the remaining 85 per cent is unorganized. The socks market in India is estimated to be Rs 5000 crore at present (90 crore pairs in volume). Interestingly, responding to the demands of these new age consumers, branded socks players are coming up with wellness-oriented socks like anti bacterial socks, health socks, anti-diabetic socks and so on. Read More

Advertisers of the day
BMW: Own the BMW today and pay in 2018
EMERITUS: PG Diploma in Digital Business - Nominate your top performers

Our advertisers help fund the daily operations of TradeBriefs. We request you to accept our promotional emails (B2B Decision-Makers, B2C Decision-Makers, TradeBriefs Premium).
 


Page 6 of 654